Music

Saturday, May 18, 2013

It is Always Worth the Wait

It is Always Worth the Wait

The way towards progress is a bumpy road. Each one of us who has a humble beginning dreamed of being socially elevated someday. To be focused to on a dream requires determination. In determining what you want requires perseverance. To persevere you are not allowed to complain. Setbacks are just distractions. I was in my 2nd grade in the elementary when I watched a competition in Catechism. The contestants are all in the grade six levels. It is a competition of all schools, in our province. The judges are all known for their faith and service to God. I told myself, grades 5 and 6 are Intermediate level. When I reach grade 5, I will be the representative of my school I made myself busy reading biblical stories and listening to Gospels and Homilies. Then suddenly I was already in Grade 5 and the competition is scheduled. I won in the elimination round and became the representative of our school. But when the principal came to know that I was in Grade 5 I was disqualified due to grade level requirement. I cried a river upon learning about that but I can’t do anything. That setback did not stop me from dreaming, I will be on that platform answering questions about God. True to what I have programmed in my mind and in my heart I became the contestant.  The contestants are all tough but did not make me nervous. All I have in mind, this is it! The day I’ve been dreaming of. I was only second place in that competition the first placer is a brother of a priest that explained his superiority over me. My cash prize is five pesos in an envelope and a gift, which is the sacred heart of Jesus. I gave the cash prize to my mother and I hang the sacred heart of Jesus in our room. The feeling that I have had at that time is me on top of the world. I encountered obstacles along the way, but due to determination and perseverance I got what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment