Music

Friday, May 17, 2013

Be kind.

Be kind.

Casual conversation is common to many people because we try to know more about our friends, neighbors and acquaintances. But when the conversation turns into gossip what do you do? Do you react and confront?

Or forget and prove them wrong? Sometimes people tend to talk about people with unsubstantiated reports or overrated. Celebrities, politicians, people with name to guard and just common people are victim of malign gossip. I for one am also a victim of this in my teen years of high school I was the talk of such classmates that I was a problem child, the loner, the party pooper and the social climber because I keep talking and speaking English. 

I think that they have under estimated me because I was a snub in high school and made a few friends.  I was raised conservative, be respectful and choose my friends wisely. So that’s what I do but some of them think that something is wrong with me. I never put pressure on myself because of this but open myself to new ways and adapt to what is in my society. 

I still choose who will be my friends and I really don’t smile to strangers that I don’t know. On the way I talk English, that I didn’t change because I know that it will be useful in the future and besides I always talk to my uncle who is British every summer and every time that I go to their home. 

It is also an advantage for me that I speak English, I was always chosen to be an orator, host, declamation speech and English club president. I strive to be on top of my game, be ahead of class and be a good model to my fellow student. It paid off because come end of my school term in 2nd year I graduated with honor and cited best orator in my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment