Music

Friday, May 17, 2013

A Certain Number of Friends

A Certain Number of Friends

My eldest son is turning 10 this year. He is my first born and spent a lot of time with him before he had a new sibling. I was very protective of my child never wanted even a fly touch him, but then he eventually grow and will be going to school. He is cheerful and full of life when it comes to making friends. He is sometimes naughty and mischievous when his trying to sneak out of the house because he wants to play. As a mother I told him that rules in the household should be followed like by weekdays no play time only stay at home and study but on weekends he can go out and play as long that he finishes his homework and duties inside the house. When we have moved to another apartment things were a little bit rough for him because the apartment that we lived in is one clan meaning we are the few who are outsiders and the rest are blood related. Knowing my son he wanted to make new friends right away, he did but these kids are bully in the sense that they tease and oust him when they are playing. My boy will come home crying it is a bit of frustrating because I can’t do anything they are kids and he needs to learn from all of this. He also started comparing him to his playmates why do they play every day and he has to stay at home. I told him that in our family we should obey the rules and regulation. I said that im raising him to be a man of principle and with a well rounded personality who knows the structure and discipline in a family. Now he has a routine that he follows, he doesn’t complain and it pays off in school because he gets high grades and he is discovering other activities that he is becoming passionate like taekwondo. Before he always reacts to the teases by crying now he just brushes them off and moves on from playing with them.

1 comment: