Music

Friday, May 17, 2013

Sometimes, Life Hands You A Chance

Sometimes, Life Hands You A Chance

How much passion do you have about your work? Come to think of it I have been working for almost 9 years and with different job. I learned a lot, stayed and was once terminated. The job that I like the most above all is being an English instructor associate (EIA) meaning English teacher for a Korean company. I got to know this job when it was introduce by my friend she said that it suits me well because I wanted to be at home before my eldest son who is studying comes home. After applying and gone training I wasn’t able to understand that I have applied to be a teacher but it turns out they want me to be an interview personnel or IP for Koreans. I asked my friend that I was assigned to a different job she just said that it is much better because those are for the smart ones. I was appalled because I am a rookie in this field. As I get to know better the task that I was assigned for, im more confident and doing a great job of assessing a Koreans capability in English. After 2 months on the job I was summoned by the Korean manager, I was nervous because I don’t want to be terminated im starting to like my job. He is asking my permission to pull me out just for 2 months from my IP job and to be an EIA because they are short of man power. I said yes why not it’s an advantage for me and it is only for 2 months. Eventually I also like teaching Korean students not for long they gave other job like coaching teachers and quality assurance (Q.A). After 2 years and having this much work load I was starting to think that I have said yes to of this task but never ask for a raise. I tried to ask them but they said that they will assess my work experience. Then came my 3rd year still nothing I was thinking of resigning, look for another job but my heart took over the matter because I love what I do and the students that I talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment